Thursday, September 18, 2008

Welcome to Mentor's Reader!


I would first like to welcome you to our new reader’s advisory page at Mentor Library. My name is Amanda and I am a reference librarian here at the library. I am a reader of all things fiction (and sometimes non-fic) and I plan on sharing my thoughts with you. Hopefully some of my choices will lead you to that all-powerful, better than chocolate reading experience. So with no further ado, I bring you my first pick, chosen because of its awesomeness:



Life of Pi by Yann Martel

A man-against-the-elements story of a boy trapped on a tiny life boat in the middle of the ocean with his wits, a few emergency supplies, and oh yes—a Bengal tiger. How, do you wonder, does a boy survive on a life boat for some 200 odd days with a hungry Bengal tiger? Well, you’ll have to read it to find out, but faith plays a big part in this memorable story.

www.imdb.com says the Life of Pi movie is coming out in 2009, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments