Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So many books, so little time!


















I like options. I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m fickle, but yeah. I like to choose as the spirit moves me. So I feel that putting a few books a week up on this blog might hamper your creative selective juices. I read about books all the time, so the least I can do is put some good sounding ones up. Even if I haven’t read them, I will give you the option. Here’s a small list of books I am looking forward to picking up. If you get to them before me, let me know how they are. There is really too little time and too many books in this world!

The Ghost in Love by Jonathan Carroll. Anything described as "madcap" has to be good. Right?

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. This book is geared more for the teen audience, but that's never stopped me before, and I've found some great books that anyone can enjoy. I look forward to reading Mr. Gaiman's works.

A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire. I loved Wicked. Son of a Witch was so-so, but had enough appeal to make me look forward to the third installment of Maguire's take on the world of Oz.
Check it out

Company of Liars by Karen Maitland. Reviews are comparing this book to Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and I say there's nothing wrong with that.


Okay, looking over this selection, I realize they all are fantasy related. I guess that's just the mood I'm in. I'll try to mix it up a little in the future. Until then, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments