Monday, January 19, 2009

Books of the Future

Okay, so these books don’t have little computers in them to tell you how fast you read or mark your place so you never have to use a little piece of paper again, but they are books that haven’t come out yet—they’re books of the future. And you may have to wait a couple months to check them out, but while I’m looking through magazines and ordering these books for the collection, I thought I’d give you a heads up as to what’s coming out soon.


Shatter by Michael Robotham
Psychologist Joe O'Loughlin tries but fails to stop a woman from committing suicide by jumping off a bridge. But why would a woman who is afraid of heights jump off a bridge? And who was she talking to on her cell phone when she did it? I don’t know, but I’m totally intrigued.


My Abandonment by Peter Rock
13-year-old Caroline and her father live in a cave in a park. Need I say more? This book seems to deal with the father-daughter relationship, and don’t you just want to know how they handle living in a cave in a park? I do.


The Glister by John Burnside
Boys start disappearing in a declining industrial town. The police in the area are not paying much attention, but the missing boys’ schoolmates are, and decide to uncover the truth for themselves. This sounds creepy with a slight reminiscence of Stephen King’s It.


Spy Game by Georgina Harding
Anna and Peter’s mother drives off one night from their British home in 1961 and never returns. They do not believe people when they are told their mother has died. Instead, they invent stories about how she was a spy for the government. Years later, Anna does research into her mother’s life and finds out things that are more amazing than she imagined. I wonder what it could be? I’m just dying to know.


These books will be coming out in March, so keep an eye out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments