Friday, February 13, 2009

It's kinda brownish, and I don't think it's coffee...

I have to say first that I am a self proclaimed germaphobe; I use paper towels to open bathroom doors after I’ve washed my hands; I notice when people just cough out in the open without covering their mouths; I love Lysol antibacterial spray for all those pesky keyboards and phones—I’m a germaphobe. That being said, you would not believe the items I’ve found in library books that make me a little squeamish. No joke, faithful readers, I once found a piece of sausage in a library book. A piece of sausage. Don’t you think you would notice if a piece of sausage fell off your fork? Maybe it was an indication of how excellent the book was that he or she didn’t notice that a piece of sausage fell into the book. I’ve also come across all sorts of dried discolorations while sifting through pages. It is not fun when my imagination takes over sometimes to try to determine the source of the discolorations. Sometimes it’s nice to know you were the first person to ever flip that first page...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments