Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Pink Panther (Librarian) Strikes Again

Pssst. You. Yes, you. Come here. Shh. Keep this quiet and on the dl. I hear you’ve been waiting for the 8th Confession by James Patterson. Well, let me tell ya, you’re number 50 in line. And let me tell you, we only have 13 holdable copies. Quit screaming. I know you want to read it! I know you’ve been obsessed with Patterson since Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls. And I gotta say, I’m not a huge fan. Quit screaming. I’m not one to follow the popular authors, ‘cept King (and if I could dot that “i” with a heart, I totally would). Now listen, you know how I just said we only have 13 holdable copies? Well, come a little closer and I’ll fill you in on a little secret: we have 6 special secret copies available at the library, copies you can’t put your name on hold for, copies that just might be on the shelf when you first set foot in the library. Copies that will allow you the power to skip ahead of all 49 of those people ahead of you. You wanna know what I’m talkin’ about? Sure ya do, come a little closer. What I’m talkin’ about is. Wait for it. Our. Wait for it. 2Hot2Hold books. That’s right. We order copies of popular books to keep on hand at the library. These 2Hot2Hold books can’t be put on hold or renewed, which means they only go out for 2 weeks. Where are these magical nonholdable books, you ask. Good question. They're on a display shelf at the Main library. When you first walk in, look to the left and you’ll see ‘em. Or, because I know you browse my shelf all the time, just walk around to the other side of the Mentor’s Reader display, and you’ll see them (see how powerful I am, I share a display with the 2Hot2Hold books). And listen to this, not only do we have Patterson, we have other popular authors as well. We may even have a few Stephenie Meyer books. Quit Screaming. I know, it’s quite exciting, and only available at your local (and friendly) Mentor Public Library. Now scram, and don’t tell anyone we’ve had this conversation.
Oh, and just so there's no confusion, 8th Confession doesn't come out til the 27, and not even we have enough power to get copies before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments