Monday, July 6, 2009

I'll keep you my dirty little secret


The PostSecret books by Frank Warren
I’m always up for a good eavesdropping session. There’s something about tuning in to someone’s private life, even for a moment, that’s so compelling, and yes, a tad wrong. So why not do it guilt-free? Frank Warren’s Postsecret project (here's the archive) has been going on since 2005. What is it, you ask? Well, people make their own postcards then write a secret on them. Then they send them anonymously to Warren who publishes them on his site. The secrets range from the at least somewhat reasonable, “This is hard [sic] for me than it is for you…but I respect your decision,” to the rather shocking, “I’m tired of waiting for my birthday because the only way I can show him I love him Is to give him my virginity But he won’t let me until I’m 16.” And guess what? He’s even published a few books worth of them that we own. Really they’re quite addicting. And now you can have all the fun of getting into someone else’s life without the embarrassment of the lady you were listening to noticing you and giving you the evil eye.

Books that make you feel that your life is pretty normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments