Saturday, April 3, 2010

Well I don't think I like that.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls, by Steve Hockensmith
Before I go on a slight tirade (oh yes, dear reader, I've come back with a tirade), let me have Jessica Moyer from Booklist give you a description of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls:
Edgar winner Hockensmith turns to zombie lit in this prequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2009). Ever wondered how the Bennett sisters got to be such great zombie killers? Hockensmith explains all in the story of the return of the zombie plague and Mr. Bennett’s secret history. When a neighbor rises up out of his coffin in the middle of a funeral, Mr. Bennett shrugs off the lifestyle of a Regency England gentleman and returns to his old calling as a warrior dedicated to eradicating the Unentionables. Turning the greenhouse into a dojo, he trains all five Bennett girls, with the help of fellow warrior Master Hawksworth, to take up his quest—just in time, too, as a deadly incursion is under way. Read the rest here


Really, Mr. Hockensmith? Really? It’s just with the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies thing, Mr. Grahame-Smith already brought it. I didn’t even know there was another level to go. But, well, you proved me wrong. There is always another level, and a prequel is one of the best ways to get there, I guess. It’s just. *Sigh* Beating a dead horse comes to mind. Then I’d have to take that one, step further, wouldn’t I, and say that the dead horse became a zombie. And you thought I was done, didn’t you? But no, the horse became a zombie, and now I have to explain how the horse became a zombie. Do you see how convoluted that gets? Yes, I know, we all love Ms. Austen. Now let’s let her rest in peace, yeah? (Well, now you know how to get an infrequent blogger back on her keyboard).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments