Monday, August 2, 2010

Tired of fiction? Welcome to the world of Chelsea Handler

I decided to read Chelsea Handler’s book, Are You There Vodka, It’s Me, Chelsea, after watching her late night show for a few nights and finding it rather entertaining. The book was so popular last year there was a waiting list for it at the library, and this summer it’s still going strong, although the wait is shorter. Each chapter of the book tells a different vignette about her life. Some of the sections were pretty humorous, although some were kind of dry, or at least I didn't find the need to, as the young folk text, lol. I think I like watching her show better. I haven’t read too many humorous books before, I mean the ones written by comedians that are basically their stand-up routines written down. It’s a light read and there are definitely funny moments, so if you want a change of pace, it’s something to consider. I should say that, as with most humor books (I’m assuming), there are some mature situations and language, so if that’s not your cup of vodka, I mean tea, I would head to some Erma Bombeck and call it a day.

Oh, and you can check out Handler's new book of witty prose, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments