Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Not as outdated as neon shorts, but close

Okay, so I’m a few years behind on this one, but for anyone who’s not read the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich, here’s a review for you. I wanted a fun read while on a recent vacation, and while browsing the stacks for books that I always walk by but never pick up, I noticed that the first book in the Stephanie Plum series, One for the Money, was available, so I took this as a sign and checked it out. A few things I didn’t realize before reading: This first book was written in 1994, so when she talks about wearing spandex and high tops, I at first thought she was joking with me, but no; I vaguely remember spandex and high tops being all the rage in the early 90’s. Also, it was fun meeting Stephanie Plum because she doesn’t start out wanting to be a bounty hunter, she just really needs some cash; thus the title One for the Money. Oooooh, I thought to myself, I get it now, she wasn’t just trying to be cute with the title, she really did take on her first case for the money. I liked that she doesn't just start out kicking butt, she's got to work on it, struggle with it. Okay, I’ve said my piece. If you want to start a series about a likable female bounty hunter, look no further than the Stephanie Plum series. Action, adventure, humor and just a hint of romance. I like it. I also like that the titles are numbered, so you don't have to search hard to find the next one. Just count 'em on up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments