Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Authors We've Never Read

Happy Top Ten Tuesday! This week's topic is "Popular Authors We've Never Read," and for a well-read bunch, we've missed some goodies. This is just a short list, look for more details in our new "Books We've Missed" feature coming soon!
 
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started on the Broke and the Bookish blog.
They set the topic, we make the lists. Visit their site to see more on this topic

Stephen King
I just don't particularly like horror. When I go to bed at night, I prefer to feel comfortable in my surroundings and not worry about what is hiding in the closet. ~Kristin
 
Anne and Charlotte Bronte
I missed reading two of the Bronte sisters...and since Wuthering Heights was not my favorite book of all time, I plan on continuing to be ignorant. ~Mary

Danielle Steel
Nora Roberts
James Patterson
Somehow these tremendously prolific writers are not on my radar. I’m sure they’re fun reads, I just haven’t had any desire to try them. ~Amanda

J.K. Rowling
Sherman Alexie
Rowling is the shameful one here (at least according to my coworkers) but I never got into the Potter craze. I'm working to remedy it now. I also haven't read any Sherman Alexie, even though I've heard great things and even own a book of his, so I probably should. ~Cailey

John Grisham
Stephenie Meyer
For John Grisham, I dislike lawyers enough in real life not to want to read about them in fiction. And until today, I didn't even know "Twilight" was a book. ~John

J.R.R. Tolkien
I tried reading "The Hobbit" and just couldn't get into it. Then when the movies came out, I didn't really feel I needed to.  ~Meredith

What about you? What popular authors have you skipped?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments