Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Today we are talking about our bookish goals.
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started on the Broke and the Bookish blog.
They set the topic, we make the lists. Visit their site to see more on this topic
- Read 65 books or more this year (2014)
- Read books about American history starting at pre-Columbus and going through the Iraq war
- Read holiday/seasonal books: winter and summer equinox, Christmas, Hanukkah, harvest, Kwanzaa, Halloween, St. Patrick’s day, Easter, etc.
- Books that are assigned for any of my reading groups-read them!
- Sometimes I need to remember to read outside of my safe zone. I love fiction and think I do a pretty good job of reading across genres, but it’s necessary to remind myself to read things that challenge me, I typically wouldn't pick up, or are important.
- Read classics! This was always my goal. I wanted to impress people with my knowledge of literary classics. I suppose I’d have to remember what they were about if I wanted to actually impress people…
- I just decided I need to read more mysteries. And not just the cozies, but things from all over the genre.
- Read all the prairie romances! I shall be the queen of the prairie, marry a Mountie and open a small library where I teach townsfolk the importance of imagination. Maybe this is a little more than a reading bucket list…
That is all I have for now. I’m always making up lists and adding to my overly extensive reading list.