Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Added to my To Be Read List Recently

For me, the "to be read list" never ends. The problem is, there are always more books I'd like to read. As a librarian, I read about books all the time, and I am constantly adding books to the TBR list. Here are the top ten most recent adds to my list.

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started on the Broke and the Bookish blog.
They set the topic, we make the lists. Visit their site to see more on this topic

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
I just recently read Trigger Warning, his newest short story collection, and I just love his writing. I'm actually surprised I haven't picked this one up before.

West of Sunset by Stewart O'Nan
This is a novel about the last few years (the Hollywood years) of F. Scott Fitzgerald's life. I find Fitzgerald's life story as interesting as one of his books, so I think I'd enjoy this fictionalized take.

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
I see this book all the time on the shelves, and its title intrigues me. He relives his life over and over, and I'm kind of a sucker for that type of story.

Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (with a few flat tires along the way) by Sue Macy
My friends and I would categorize this book as "women be doing things." As in, it's a book about women doing Things (with a capital T to show the importance). It shows through vintage photos and stories how
women were able to become more independent with the advent of the bicycle. This was also a big award winner for children and teens.

The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West
This YA novel is a zany rom-com that will be a perfect summer read. It's all about fake identities and falling for the wrong person.

The Last Good Day of the Year by Jessica Warman
This is one of those gritty books that I have to mentally prepare myself to read, since I know it will upset me. It revolves around the misidentification of a kidnapper, and the repercussions to those who did the identifying.

The Awesome by Eva Darrows
This book is kind of like a Buffy the Vampire Slayer story, but revitalized. That's all I'm going to say. Look it up.

The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher
An unusual romance story told in a he said/she said sort of way. It is also science-y, which I think should be fun.

Reality Bites Back: The Troubling Truth about Guilty Pleasure TV by Jennifer L. Pozner
I have a soft spot for books about TV, and this one just sounds so juicy!

The Art of Asking; or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help by Amanda Palmer
I believe I read about this book on a list of books that you should read in your twenties. It resonates with me since I have the problem of taking on too much myself, so I want to read how I can help this. Also, it has such good reviews that I just really need to see what the buzz is about.

What have you added to your TBR list lately?

~Cailey W.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments