Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: "Santa Baby" Edition

Books are kind of awesome. I mean an entire world between two covers! That’s amazing. I love the look, feel, and stories inside a book, but I have a lot of them! This isn’t a bad thing, but I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t buy a book anymore unless I want it around for the next 50 years. This means I’m only buying books I love and want to read again, are absolutely beautiful, or are classics/rarities. So here is my “Santa Baby” list of books I would not mind Little St. Nick putting under the Christmas tree.

 Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started on the Broke and the Bookish blog.
They set the topic, we make the lists. Visit their site to see more on this topic!

Santa if you can bring diamond rings, why not an absolutely fabulous copy of my favorite book?

I love Anne! She must forever grace my shelves, so I can always find her when I need a heartwarming read.

This is a great book I need to reference every now and then-when I need to refresh my critical reading skills. If you’re looking to enhance and inform your reading habit, I suggest you give Foster’s book a gander.

Now Santa, I’m not being greedy. I’m only asking for the first book that started this epic series. I didn’t even ask for a signed copy! I’m too good to you. But if you want to bring me a 1st edition Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban I’d be loath to turn you down.

Interruption from librarian John Foster:
Kristin is not the only selfish being in the office! I too want the highest caliber of book.
This is awesome and I need it on my shelf for always. Who doesn’t love the quirky high jinks of those space travelers?

Go big or go home. This is only the best series out there and a treasure worth sitting in my spot of honor.

Thanks John. Now back to me!
One of the best books I’ve read in the past few years, this is such a beautiful and atmospheric book. I often find myself imagining the Alaskan landscape and a magical little girl with her fox any time I think about this book. Definitely needed for a lifetime of leisure reading.

Yes, Ina Garten is snooty, but I love her upper crust cooking and her GORGEOUS kitchen. Her Food Network show is my favorite and her recipes are always good and relatively simple.

Santa, my sad copy of the complete works of the Bard is in disrepair. It has been loved, hated, and handed down for many years. I need a new copy! It flops open and the poor Merry Wives of Windsor are missing some of their merry words because the page is torn and sad.

Interruption from librarian Meredith Tomeo:
Erh merh gerd!! It’s me, Meredith, and Santa if you really want to please me you’ll bring me Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen! She’s only my favorite author and her book doesn’t come out until late January, but if you can climb down chimneys and make it around the world in one night, you can get me this book early!
Well there’s our list, Santa. Now make it happen!

~Kristin M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments