Monday, November 3, 2008

You know, just a story about good vs. evil

The Stand by Stephen King
When I was a kid, for some reason I thought The Stand was a law drama. I must have been getting it confused with The Firm. I have no idea. Because it’s very much not about lawyers or court cases. It’s about the end of humanity as we know it. And when I read it in high school I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. It’s actually a pretty hefty book, and I might already have turned people off with the mention of Stephen King (like my one English professor). But seriously, it’s a great and uncompromising story of good versus evil. And the end of the world happens when a virus created to kill everyone gets loose and, well, kills everyone. Except a few who are somehow immune to the virus. It’s creepy and powerful and exciting. It’s well worth the read, trust me.

Show me the way to The Stand


I want to be extra cool! Show me the way to The Stand Uncut edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments