Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The curious incident of the who in the what now?

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon


I was just talking about this book with my sister-in-law on Thanksgiving. I read it a while ago, and it is quite good. It's written from the point of view of a fifteen-year-old boy, Christopher, with asperger syndrome, so he doesn't think like other people do. The book unfolds like a mystery because of Christopher's unique perspective on the world. We as the readers realize clues to the mystery before Christopher does, so when he finally does begin to understand the situation, there's a unique sense of satisfaction. Christopher's way of thinking and reasoning is so unique and interesting, it gives the book a refreshing twist that I think you'll enjoy. And look no further than my blogged book display in the front of the library for a copy.





I want to be delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments