Friday, April 24, 2009

Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

I am consumed by music. I listen to a CD so many times in a row that eventually it even matches the olfactory’s gift for nostalgia; years later I’ll put in a CD and be transported back to a time and place. So although books are my passion, music is my life. I have songs that have helped me through heartache (Bob Dylan’s “Shelter from the Storm,”), songs that make me smile just thinking about them (Cake’s “Love You Madly”), and albums that define seasons (Dave Matthew’s Band “Crash” is one in the same with summer for me, as is Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours”). I was a Beatles fanatic in Junior High, and have recently been taken by female singer-songwriters of the past 20 years or so (Tori Amos, Regina Spektor, Tegan and Sara, and am currently listening to Fiona Apple). Did I miss some of my favorites? Of course I did, but now it’s your turn. Come on, the weather (although still a little overcast) is going to be gorgeous this weekend, and you always wanted to comment on a blog. So tell me, what is your favorite song/album/band? Let’s discuss.

This blog is dedicated to everyone who has shaped my musical life (Dad, Mom, Dan, Tim, Ken, Eric, Elizabeth, and everyone else with an album they just had to tell me about--oh, and Vince and Kristen, for prompting this blog in the first place with their crazy good mix CD).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments