Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Will someone please get me a towel?


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
On a road trip to Dayton a while ago, I listened to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, written and (awesomely enough) narrated by Douglas Adams. I have to say, they did a decent job with the movie. They took liberties, of course, but it seemed like they kept the humor and feel of the book intact. I’m thinking this is a pretty fast read because the unabridged audio version was only 6 hours. And if you don’t remember me mentioning this in the past, let me just say that audio books are an amazing thing. Especially if you’re planning on a long drive somewhere. Granted, they can be distracting, and I often have to turn mine off to get through high traffic areas, or if I’m navigating a new area, but they’re also the good kind of distracting. The kind that make a four hour car ride to Dayton seem easy. But anyways, back to the book. A sci-fi classic for people who don’t like sci-fi. It’s funny in the dry yet slapstick kind of way (don’t ask me, I just write a blog), as only British people can be. And the plot is fresh yet classic (and who knew this review was going to turn into a run of contradictions?) But there it is. Give it a try or at least watch the movie for a few laughs and a lot of entertaining British banter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments