Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Summer TBR List

As readers, I think we all know that the To Be Read (or TBR) list never stops growing. I personally wish there was at least one month a year with no new releases, so I can play a little catch up. I think the great Lemony Snickey said it best: "It is most likely that I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read." Truth, Lemony, truth.
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started on the Broke and the Bookish blog.
They set the topic, we make the lists. Visit their site to see more on this topic

So I have chosen my top ten books to read this summer. With a grain of salt, of course, because something shiny may cross my path.

Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
I've never read anything by this author, but this book seems good. It has a futuristic kind of "Wall-E" thing going on. After abandoning Earth thousands of years ago, the descendants are now returning to the abandoned planet.

Armada by Ernest Cline
I unexpectedly loved Cline's last novel, Ready Player One, and so I am excited for this new book, out in July. I don't even know what it's about, but if it has the same level of nerdiness, I'll be happy.

Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
A friend recommended this to me, and it sounds really interesting. It is a psychological mystery, with an elderly woman searching for her missing best friend. The twist: she is descending into dementia. It jumps back in her memories of her friend while she's searching for her now.

The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus by Jennifer Fisher Bryant
It's no secret I love words, so this book is right up my alley. I'm looking forward to this story about how the iconic word book came to be.

The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
Another book recommended to me by a friend. I feel like this one would be a good summer read. It is about five women who have been friends for decades. Starting in the 1960s and moving forward with the women as their lives change, this book promises to be a heartwarming read.



Love, Fortune, and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
This YA book has been compared to Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman, which is, of course, a fabulous story. It is all about fortune and magic and love. Fun!

Books Can Be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay (Library Lover's Mysery Book #1)
Sometimes you just need a cozy mystery. And one in a library to boot!

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
This one has had a lot of buzz in the YA community. I've been meaning to read it for a while now, so hopefully I can do so this summer. It is about two teens who meet at the ledge of the school's bell tower, and save each other.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Stop looking at me like that. I know it's a sin to be a librarian who has never read this book. I know, okay? That's why I am definitely going to read it this summer. For sure. No doubt. If only because there is a sort of follow-up coming out.

The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
It's in Paris and it's a book about books. I'm good. I'll read it. Oh, and did I mention it's a floating bookshop. On the Seine? Really, that's all I need of plot to read it.

What's on your summer TBR pile?

~Cailey

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you have to read TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD right now! It's such a good book. My favorite of all time. I can't wait for GO SET A WATCHMAN so I can continue the story.

    THE LITTLE PARIS BOOKSHOP looks awesome. So does ELIZABETH IS MISSING. I hadn't heard of it before, but now it's definitely going on the TBR pile. Thanks for the rec.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's blasphemy to have not read To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm a bad librarian. I will do it this summer! I'm determined!
      Happy to give recommendations! If you read them first, let me know how they are!
      -Cailey

      Delete
  2. I think I also suffer from the Never Ending TBR Syndrome haha. I've heard All The Bright Places is amazing, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What book lover doesn't suffer from the Never Ending TBR Syndrome? The struggle is real.
      -Cailey

      Delete

Comments